Tuesday 21 August 2012

threehundredandfortyfive


Over the summer I have tried to visit exhibitions that may spark further inspiration for future design work. Turner Monet Twombly Exhibition at the Tate Liverpool was one that I had been looking forward to for a while and it did not disappoint! 

I would think that many of us are aware of the work of Claude Monet from a young age and later on of Turner as well. Twombly, I would guess, slightly less so.  CY Twombly however is one of my favourites. His 'Quattro Stagioni' paintings which had been moved to Liverpool for this exhibition, features on the list of my favourite works and is the stand out piece i remember from my first ever visit to the Tate Modern, I never tire of looking at it.

When I first heard about this exhibition I was a little puzzled as to the similarities of the work of these three masters however it was really interesting to explore the works of three painters working at different times; comparing their impressions of similar subjects and learning about their artistic motivation in the later period of their life.

I picked up a few postcards as keepsakes...


JMW Turner : Peace Burial at Sea 1842
Claude Monet : Nympheas 1916-1919
Cy Twombly : Wilder Shores of Love 1985





No comments:

Post a Comment