Wednesday 22 August 2012

threehundredandfortyfour


Up to date:

As the new term draws ever closer I thought, over the next few days I would post a few images of what I got up to towards the end of the second year on my Printed Textiles Course at Leeds.

'A place for everything and everything in its place'

My final project of second year was inspired by the incredible and prolific work of architect and designer Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin as part of The Camac Design Wallpaper Competition. Through a variety of initial research sources I felt inspired not only by Pugin’s style but the way in which he thought and approached his work. It was whilst watching a documentary that I heard a comment about his desire to design ‘more than just’ a building or whatever his project may be and this is where my collection stemmed from.

I decided that each design should have something unique about it, something that would make it more than just your average wallpaper. The result was an investigation in to interactive wallpaper with elements of hand stitching and abstracted linear pattern and texture.

The wallpaper today is a ‘colour me in’ wallpaper - giving the freedom for others to play and become the designer.




All  images above are  copyright of Natalie Ratcliffe 2012
In-Situ example on a found image

No comments:

Post a Comment